cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access 2nd email account

wilber_force
Superfast

Folks,

I have two email accounts under the @blueyonder.co.uk banner.

From the initial one, I could access the second one.

Now I can't and have not been able to for several months. I have to open different browser and log in that way to it.

But why can't I do as I used to?

Another VM improvement?

WF.

7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is occurring in webmail can you select ⚙ > Accounts and post the error message shown against the second account. If the error message shown is the same as highlighted below then there is no need to post it here and instead follow the instruction below._2-1690890655524.jpeg

1. opening an Incognito / Private browser window

2. sign in here https://mail2.virginmedia.com with the authentication credentials of the problem account; in the above example it would be richard.branson@blueyonder.co.uk.

If sign in is unsuccessful try the forgotten password link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
  3. once successfully signed into webmail go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and select Sign in

4. select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password

NB if prompted to “Verify it is you” then follow the instruction to change your Sign in Email Address to a non-Virgin Media one. Once the verification process is complete repeat step 4

5. make a note of new App Password

6. sign out or close Incognito / Private browser window

7. now back in webmail, select Edit located adjacent to problem account; in above example that would be richard.branson@ blueyonder.co.uk

8. scroll down to Incoming server section and enter App password, noted in step 5, in Password field

9. scroll down further to Outgoing server (SMTP) and set Authentication to As incoming e-mail server

10. select Save

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

wilber_force
Superfast

The issue I have is that I can't sign in using my blueyonder account.

I have not been advised there is an issue with this and I have had to create a new email account elsewhere and I then get this image – 

wilber_force_0-1694464694388.png

Ref the triangle with the exclamation mark.  What's that all about?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Select the triangle with exclamation mark to jump to ⚙ > Accounts and confirm if error is same as that highlighted in my previous post.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wilber_force 

Thanks for your response

Are you able to confirm on the above to see if the error is replicated in the accounts section?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wilber_force
Superfast

VM drive me up the flaming wall.

I've logged out, cleared cookies and log back in, and now I can't even access any emails. 

Why am I frustrated, I'll let you guess.

wilber_force
Superfast

And thanks for your replies.

We truly apologise for this experience @wilber_force 

To best look into this email issue, please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs