Menu
EamonnG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Send Emails, Pops up as Spam - Able to Receive

Hi

Hoping someone can help. My father has an ntlworld.com email address. For a week now for some reason he is unable to send emails but he can receive. He can send them from his mobile and I can send them from my laptop at my home (I'm on Sky). They have another laptop in the house and they won't send from that either.

Virgin have been no help whatsover, even had my mother in tears speaking to her as if she was stupid (they are 74 but far from stupid). Spent over 16 hours trying to sort this out.

I have checked spamhaus, checked the IP address nothing showing. Checked their settings they are as they should be. I know this has been asked before on here but I can't find a resolution.  Can anyone help please? Thank you

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Send Emails, Pops up as Spam - Able to Receive

Can you perform the following steps from the device that cannot send:

1. browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value
  2. go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
  3. enter the Your IP address is value (from step 1) in the IP Address field and select Lookup
  4. excluding the PBL, is it reported as listed elsewhere; do not post the results here without redacting your public IP address from text and underlying URLs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EamonnG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I checked the IP address and it was listed as blocked, I removed it through Spamhaus and now shows an nothing listed. We have tried to send emails now and it still has the same message 'unable to send to recipients lots of numbers and ends with SMTP602
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your IP Address was listed anywhere other than the PBL then please review the information contained on Spamhaus website and also Searching for Spambots on your network.

SMTP602 issue is due to Spam Content Found within the email being sent. Try sending the email to yourself and if it is delivered to your Spam folder reply to it and remove any links contain in the reply to see if that is the cause; if it is then the email will arrive in your Inbox.

0 Kudos
EamonnG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The email address was not listed elsewhere, I have checked again and its not listed at all now.

We tried sending an email and it came to the SPAM box, I then changed the status to 'not spam'. The next email did come into my inbox. But I still can't send emails, the content of the emails have no signatures - it is just plain text. There is nothing that would show as SPAM.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours/days to respond. 

In the mean time consider try to pin point the cause in the plain text message by dividing the content and sending to yourself until the cause is locate to see if it can be worked around. 

EamonnG
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Even blank emails won't send so I don't think that is the issue.

0 Kudos