Menu
Sittingcat
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Send Email

Hi,

Unable to send any emails via outlook on computer, (works on phone) also ok when logging onto myvirginmedia.com

Keep getting a pop up box asking for password on the SMTP box - have entered then after 3 or 4 secs get the same box asking for password again, have reset password in virginmedia.com but still get same response.

Any help would be gratefully received as I am now stuck!

Many thanks,

Richard.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to Send Email

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following command where username:password is replaced with your email address and password,  i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr  "235 VM") || (grep "235\|VM"))

Post the redacted results here.

Please also confirm that you are able to sign into webmail using the same authentication credential.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sittingcat
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, have found out the IP is blocked, just need help to unblock or change IP address!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unless the cause is identified it is likely an unblocked or new IP Address will be blocked. What VM error code was returned by the curl command?

0 Kudos
Sittingcat
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. 

There is no VM error code, on outlook it keep asking for the SMPT password, can receive but not send emails using ntlworld email address.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you:

• browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value
  • go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
  • enter the Your IP address is value in the IP Address field and select Lookup
  • excluding the PBL, is it reported as listed elsewhere; do not post the results here without redacting your public IP address from text and underlying URLs?
0 Kudos