Menu
Drings
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Send Email

Can anybody help please - I have this one e-mail which is in my iphone Mailbox.

I cant delete it or send it or edit it as it comes up with this message every time.

It may not be a Virgin Media fault but as I download and use my Virgin MEdia email to my iphone mailbox I thought that someone on here may know a solution. 

Thanks and I would be very grateful

Unable to Send Email.png

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Send Email

Ugh, I had something similar with Thunderbird yesterday.  It seemed that as I composed the email in Thunderbird it sent multiple copies to the webmail draft folder.  Possibly because the connection was dropping?  I ended up sending the wrong one - with my name at the bottom as just 'Mis' instead of Miss Pasko and my address.  (Sigh) 🙄

I suggest you go to webmail and delete everything from the drafts folder there.  Maybe open one copy - select it, then choose edit draft.  Edit it to send to yourself (maybe a different address you have) and send it just to get rid of it.  If that doesn't help your apple mail on the iphone, then the next thing I suggest is to delete the virgin address from the apple mail client, and re-add it.  This is fine as long as you already use IMAP, because it will just set you up with a fresh copy of what is on the VM servers.

I don't use apple mail myself, so someone else might have a better solution.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The error message you are getting actually tells you whats wrong, the setting on the iPhone has lost the password for the email account, so go into settings - mail - and look for your virginmedia one select that then choose outgoing and change/enter the password for the email account.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 

Normally I'd agree with you but we're talking about iOS mail here.

There's actually a bug in iOS mail when an email send is rejected in the final portion of the send (the DATA portion) - I found this out by accident one day.  Instead of reporting the server rejecting the DATA, iOS mail reports that there is no password provided.

Most likely cause is a Spam content found VM603 error.

Tim

0 Kudos