Menu
Andy-Robinson
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Un-wanted emails

Hello

I am getting a very large number of un-wanted emails on a daily basis even after I mark them as spam on the Virgin Webmail site.

This is becoming a joke now with the amount I get daily.

Is there anything I can do to stop this?

0 Kudos
mugshot
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Un-wanted emails

0 Kudos
suemog
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I used a filter system from YouTube where you put the domain site in ...thought this was

ok earlier but odd ones started coming in.  It sure how long/or if virgin do anything with this 🤔🤔

0 Kudos
Andy-Robinson
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell me more about this filter system from YouTube where you put the domain site in

0 Kudos
Andy-Robinson
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No good as when I checked a good few of said emails I did not use to receive but are now they all read spf=pass.

These include emails in relation to Bitcoin & emails pointing to adult sites etc.
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy-Robinson,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to help you with this.

I have a link here - Phishing Help - which gives you loads of useful information on how to combat spam emails.
You can also forward these emails to phishing@virginmedia.co.uk which will go to our phishing team, they will flag the email as spam, helping the servers stomp out these email addresses. 

I also have a link here to a forum post which has helped so many other customer's with the same issue - My Spam Solution - please have a look and see whether this helps you too.

Thanks so much.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Andy-Robinson
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I did/have not mentioned Phishing emails?

I mentioned that I am getting a lot of unwanted emails even after marking them as SPAM.

In addition, the links you sent me as - Phishing Help - & - My Spam Solution go to the same page.

No help really at all.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy-Robinson,

Sorry to hear that the links did not help. We do all we can to actively stop and filter out spam emails from coming into customers' inboxes, however some spam emails will fall through the net which can be beyond our control. Setting up filter rules on your email account can help stop unwanted emails from coming through, we have a page with more information here.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos