cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT Secondary Email Account Locked - Forbidden

fuego
On our wavelength

I am the primary email account (virgin.net) but my wife's secondary account was blocked last night - advised possible spam activity - and sent instructions how to rectify.

I have been trying today but the set solution instructions do not work ie she cannot change her password for when she tries to enter change password as instructed she is directed to a screen saying, 'Forbidden; with an error 403 message.

Si essentially she is in limbo as there appears no way to solve this, Email access is critical owing to the nature of her her occupation and remote working, Please advise as a matter of urgency, Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

I have resolved the issue with customer services. Having gained an understanding of the changes  VM made recently to the login procedures from the forums and that there is now required a different login for MyVM and email via apps and a non virgin email address is need to reset password. I was then able to ask the hepdesk the right questions and got the MyVM account password reset and was then able to reset the app password. I didn't know the username of the MyVM login (that was the problem) for the problem secondary account but was able to guess it ( no idea how it got set to that third party email) this might have happened when we had problem earlier in the year without realising it. Thank you everyone for their input and helping me resolve the problem. 

Hi All 👋

Just returning to keep the pubic thread updated. Thanks to Iawto for PMing with me, I was pleased to hear they have been able to resolve the secondary email access issues with a little more understanding of the current VM login requirements. You can find more information on these in this article here 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help and this community thread 👉 Solved: Additional email accounts - how to view the accoun... - Virgin Media Community - 5277647

Please do let us know if you have any issues again in future as we are happy to help!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

I spoke to soon, having had the MyVM password reset by the Virgin helpdesk for my Wife's secondary account I was then able to access that secondary account, I reset the password for her MyVM login and also was able to reset the password for third party apps. Having reset both the passwords for the login to my wife's MyVM account and her app password I tested both and both worked two days ago.

Today I wanted to check something on my wife's MyVM account and tried to login to that account only to get the error message that the password or email is incorrect. It wasn't two days ago so what has changed / happened. At least at the moment the login for her emails on the third party apps is working fine.

I'm at a loss to say the least.

lawto
Joining in

Yesterday when I couldn't log into the secondary account I tried to reset the password by selecting 'forgotten password' but I failed and it seemed to want to take me to the Primary account asking all sorts of verification info. At that point I gave up as I didn't want to chance things being changed to the primary account, yes it has happened to me before. Maybe 'finger trouble' on my part.

Today I tried again by selecting 'forgotten password' and it worked straight away as I expected . I've no idea what I did differently if anything but it worked. Logged out and back in again to be sure. Time will tell !

Hey @lawto,

Thanks for getting back to us, sorry to hear that you were having issues with your email again but have since rectified this, we do ask that you monitor this issue and if it does reoccur let us know so we can assist further.

Joe

Thanks for your response. Today I did test the MyVM login for the secondary account that I've had the issues with and was able to access that account. I will continue to do so and update you if I have more problems.

As I have a primary account and two secondary accounts and when Virgin is trying to establish my credentials it seems to me that there is confusion over which of the three accounts we are dealing with. By me or Virgin's system.

When I had the original problem I was trying to reset the password on the secondary account and the password was reset on the primary account. 

Maybe my fault but as I gain understanding of the changes Virgin have made I am on the lookout for these pitfalls.

The problem stared when I received on email stating that one of my accounts was locked  out "due to suspicious activity". I checked all three accounts and none were locked, well not until four days later. The help desk couldn't tell me what that suspicious activity was (computer algorithm). I checked the account and couldn't see any problems, no suspicious activity and virus scans were ok.

Thanks again for the help received via the forum, after three weeks still no official response from Virgin with the fault tickets raised.

Hi @lawto,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that you've now managed to resolve this problem.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!