cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT Secondary Email Account Locked - Forbidden

fuego
On our wavelength

I am the primary email account (virgin.net) but my wife's secondary account was blocked last night - advised possible spam activity - and sent instructions how to rectify.

I have been trying today but the set solution instructions do not work ie she cannot change her password for when she tries to enter change password as instructed she is directed to a screen saying, 'Forbidden; with an error 403 message.

Si essentially she is in limbo as there appears no way to solve this, Email access is critical owing to the nature of her her occupation and remote working, Please advise as a matter of urgency, Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

DavidBrawn
Tuning in

Same here. Two days spent on webchat, assured by the agents the problem was fixed, wait 2 hours then try. NOT fixed at all. Frustrated and stressed.

fuego
On our wavelength

This is crazy. Totally unacceptable for an international conglomerate. Just HOW difficult should this be to fix. All other organisations have 2 step verification (whether using smartphone, authenticator, etc) which totally eliminates/fixes this if the issue is down to compromised emails, Still nothing from VM, Do you know if there is a specific place I can go other than the dreaded 150? I refuse to spend a day on the phone.  

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fuego 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues signing in to your Email service. We are currently aware of an ongoing issue, and our teams are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

lawto
Joining in

I have the same problem with a secondary account (ntlworld.com) my wife uses. It has now been down for over two weeks and this is unacceptable, you say you are working to resolve the issue, but two weeks so far!. I have spoken to the 'Helpdesk ?' on several occasions, even been escalated up the chain' but no one is able to reset her password. All they seem to be able to do is generate a fault ticket. I now have two.

Because this email is a secondary email account (and it does Not have it own login to myvirginmedia) I cannot manage it from the primary account. Yes I have tried all the suggestions from the community and the helpdesk but nothing works. The helpdesk originally said they had reset the password but that didn't work, now they are saying that they cannot even reset the password.

Please help if you can, my wife needs her email back.

Hi Lawto,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Wife's secondary Email account, have you followed the below instructions:

For resetting the password for mailbox, please carry out the following steps:
1.Login to their MyVM Account
2.Click the Account Settings tile
3.Next, they need to select the Virgin Medial Mail Settings tile
4.The next page will display a Red Button labelled ¿Generate new App Password¿
5.The customer will then be presented with an automatically generated password. This is the password that needs to be entered into their mail client.
The password will look something similar to this: mail-horse-yellow-panda.

Please use a secondary email address for the secondary account it cant be the same email address.

Regards

Paul.

I'm afraid the instructions above do not work.

The problem is that my wife does NOT have a separate myvirginmedia account login, our emails are from the days of ntlword.com and there is no myvirginmedia login for the secondary accounts only the primary account if I understand correctly but happy to be corrected but I do not know the login if we have.

She has only the password for her email and if we use her email address to try and log into myvirginmedia to do as you suggest it gives the error that the email address is not recognised.

If I log into the account with my primary account details the secondary accounts are not shown. I believe this stems from the days when Virgin took over NTLworld.  I have highlighted this to Virgin before. I have spent over three hours on the phone to various helpdesks trying what they suggest but to no avail.

The last person I spoke to said they could not even reset the password and blamed a technical fault you have. But for over two weeks, I'm not sure who to believe. I now have to two fault ticket references one generated two weeks ago and another a week ago but nothing back from Virgin. A similar thing happened a few months ago but the helpdesk were able to reset the password for her email account.

Thank you for your time and hope you can come up with a solution and I apologise if any of the above facts are incorrect but that is what I've been led to believe in speaking to Virgin

lawto
Joining in

Where you say

"Please use a secondary email address for the secondary account it cant be the same email address"

I'm not sure in what context in the process you mean.

Thanks Dave.

lawto
Joining in

I've now found out that secondary email accounts do have a separate MyVM account now but when I try to access my wife's account I'm told the password is incorrect. I tried my other secondary email account and used the same password as I use to login to that email account on third party apps and that works.

Hi Lawto 👋 Thanks for getting back to us. 

We appreciate these kinds of issues can be frustrating - I'd like to offer further help to get this sorted for you if needed, and to check that we have the correct email accounts linked with your current active services account (as this may be contributing to any access issues if set up incorrectly.)
We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details to do this for you. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly