Menu
AC77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

URGENT: No access to virgin.net email since 1st January 2019. Virginmedia provide my broadband.

I have had my virgin.net email for many years. it was temporarily hosted by Talk Talk when I was in area 34 but was migrated back to virginmedia when I returned to area 31 in 2016. I also have a virginmedia broadband, (telephone and TV) account and they were linked to the best of my knowledge as I sometimes accessed my email via virginmedia and this is also how I access my virginmedia account and I cannot do that either now.

Since the beginning of 2019 I have no access to my virgin.net account. Neither has my daughter had access to her account as it is a sub-domain of mine.

An IT ticket was raised 2 weeks ago and despite a number of phone calls to the Faults Dept and customer service, I am getting nowhere and no-one from IT has called me. Today I have been told that IT put a note on my account to say my email had been inactive for a year and they disconnected it! I have been using this email account everyday for decades so this is patent nonsense and someone has made a huge error.

It seems to me that IT is the only department which can resolve this issue. I am a doctor and urgently need access to my virgin.net account which holds all my business going back years, so this needs to be restored immediately. Virginmedia continue to take money for my virginmedia account.

0 Kudos
AC77
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email closed down

I have the same issue and as far as I know, my email was linked to my virginmedia broadband account.

I cannot access my virginmedia account at all now as it requires my email to be active and won't even recognise this with my surname, a/c number etc online.

I have started a new thread on this today as I am getting nowhere with the faults department despite an IT ticket being raised 2 weeks ago. 

Please help as I need access to everything in my virgin.net account which goes back years.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT: No access to virgin.net email since 1st January 2019. Virginmedia provide my broadband.

Welcome to the Forum.

Your issue will need to be looked at by one of the VM Forum Team.  It will be a few days before they get to this thread as they deal with posts on date order.

Please note that the Forum rules and guidelines ask that you do not make multiple posts on the same issue.  

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

SDC
Super solver
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT: No access to virgin.net email since 1st January 2019. Virginmedia provide my broadband.

@AC77 wrote:
I am a doctor and urgently need access to my virgin.net account which holds all my business going back years, so this needs to be restored immediately. Virginmedia continue to take money for my virginmedia account.

Regardless of your access issues which, hopefully, will be addressed soon, you shouldn't rely on nor even be using a residential email service for such business use. The VM AUP is quite specific regarding this matter.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
Lurking....
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
AC77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - this is a pretty unhelpful and inappropriate remark. I've been using this account for my social and some business-related matters such as professional membership of organisations etc. Fortunately, my actual work is carried out elsewhere on secure servers. As a doctor this is a given regardless of your AUP!

The point here is that I have had this account for decades and have been paying virginmedia for broadband access all of that time apart from a few years when I was out of area (and was obliged to be hosted by Talk Talk) and have been back in area for 2-3 years now. So someone has made an error and I would appreciate it getting sorted out.

It seems like this has happened to a number of people.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@SDC wrote:

Regardless of your access issues which, hopefully, will be addressed soon, you shouldn't rely on nor even be using a residential email service for such business use. The VM AUP is quite specific regarding this matter.

Indeed, and I'm not sure if using a residential email service would be GDPR compliant for a business.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
AC77
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Please see my response above.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My advice, like VM's email service, is provided free-of-charge.

And it's not my AUP, it's VM's AUP, and we all sign up to it when we take out our contract with VM.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
Lurking....
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
AC77
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Apologies - you seemed so sure of yourself I assumed you worked for VirginMedia.

Your advice may be freely provided, however my email is not being provided at all.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@AC77 wrote:

Apologies - you seemed so sure of yourself I assumed you worked for VirginMedia.

Your advice may be freely provided, however my email is not being provided at all.

I am sure of myself.

And I'm sure that the Forum Team will be able to resolve your access issue one way or the other when they find this thread and act on it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it goes well for you.

But please do heed the advice given by all here.

Lurking....
0 Kudos