Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 61 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: {UPDATE} Unable to access webmail: Error 606

Hi Terry, 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you confirm is this working on any other web browser?

^Martin

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 62 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin_N

Thanks for the reply. Yes, its working on Firefox so I can get to my mail but A) It worries me that if anything happens on Firefox what next, Virgin don't seem to worried about curing problems, its now been weeks And B) i prefer Chrome as a browser.

Thanks again for helping

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 63 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Have you cleared the cookies and cache in the Chrome browser to see if this helps?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 64 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I used Ccleaner which cleans all cookies and cache on any browser used on the PC, but if you know something better I will happily try it

Cheers

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 65 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry, 

the other thing we know works most of the time is making sure all updates on the browser are done and up to date. 

Thanks

Megan_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 66 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Just an update and clarification of my problem similar to others - still get "Error 606 - phone help" message when trying to login to my virgin account or use its email client on one (only one) of my networked PCs.

However using Edge instead of Chrome - no problem!  Further, using Outlook or other email client within Chrome on that one PC - also no problem! Don't like or use the integral virgin email client anyway but it would be nice to log in to my account and check my bills occasionally.

For me problem only arises on one PC trying to access virgin account details and/or email (virgin email app) - and only when trying to access these within Google Chrome.  I can confirm my problem presented apparently spontaneously some months ago on one of my Win10 (64) machines already upgraded and automatically updated.

Whilst it would appear only a few of us still discussing this problem, I suspect many more (like me) have found a workaround solution - use an alternative browser or email client or computer/mobile.

ArtW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 67 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan_L,

Yeeeesss !!!!!. thankyou, just went in to check my updates were up to date and they weren't, so clicked on update. It then told me I was up to date and, guess what, I can now get, after moths of trying, my emails in Chrome.

Cheers Megan_L

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 68 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan_L

Sorry, my reply should have said after MONTHS of trying not MOTHS !!!!, the excitement of having the problem cured at last got to me.

Cheers 

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 69 of 78
Flag for a moderator

As I said weeks ago, Virgin have long since kicked this issue into the long grass - it doesn't seem to effect enough people for them to worry about - for those that it does, tough luck, you're on your own! My problem only started when I ensured everything was up to date!

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 70 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, I agree Virgin Media Customer Services totally ignored the situation but at least Virgin Community came good - thanks Megan_L

Terry

0 Kudos