Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: {UPDATE} Unable to access webmail: Error 606

Hi Terry, thanks for coming back to us. Is the iPad software upto date?

Can you also try downloading a different browser on it, such as Firefox? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 42 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS, thanks for your interest,  my wife's Apple ipad is about 7 years old and stopped sending updates about 2 years ago. It won't accept Firefox either, however I just downloaded Chrome onto my Samsung Galaxy and there is no error message and all my emails are there so it seems that its my PC which is being the problem.

I tried to erase all the cookies with Ccleaner but is that good enough ??.

Forgive the lack of computer knowledge but at 72 I try my best and I miss Chrome.

Thanks again for your help

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hello terryR1

From looking at the whole post 

It would boil down to the Ipad not being up to date and not being able to down load Chrome. 

Sadly as its working on other devices then there is not much more we can offer to fix this 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 44 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having major problems now for 3 days aqnd each time i call the help desk i am told your "tools are down" so you cant help me !

I have now tried accessign webmail on 2 different laptops and also an Ipad , alos using different browsers.

Whenever I try to log in I am advised it is an invalid user name and password and when i try and re-set my security questions i am told the answers are wrong !

I have also tried resetting everything and using my Virgin media account number to login and the system doesnt recognise that either !

I am at the end of my tether and beginning to seriously think my accoutn has been hacked and all data changed.

Can someone help me urgently please as your helpdesk is absolutely rubbish !

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post roversirr, and I'm terribly sorry to see you've been having issues with your web mail services.

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you and will send you a PM, that will be visible in the top right hand corner of the screen, via the purple envelope

We'll aim to pass data protection and then we'll get straight to work

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 46 of 78
Flag for a moderator

An interesting if irritating aside to this issue.  I have started to get this "OOPS etc message (not an error 606 specified)  and directed to phone help - but only on one of my networked PCs - which happens to be my newest and most high spec games desktop.  Have no problem at all with my other desktop (also ethernet connected) or my laptop (wifi).  All are updated to latest Win10 (64) other software and drivers etc.  Difference seems to be limited to some of the games and apps differences between them.

ArtW  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 47 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Should have added all are running G Chrome and for email - second PC and laptop without any issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 78
Flag for a moderator

I seem to be having a similar problem.   I can access web-mail from my mobile phone using Chrome and FireFox without issue.
However if I try to do it from my desktop PC I was initially getting a screen with a blue background and the message "Can't access the Service" in the middle of the screen with the words "Rev: 58" at the bottom of the screen.  I tried clearing the cookies as per the advice at the start of this thread and now I get a plain white screen with three black dots at the top left of the screen then underneath it fields for user name, password, confirm new password, stay signed in check box, a link for "forgot your password" and finally a sign In box.

The problem appears to have coincided with the PC being upgraded to Windows 10 if this helps??.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 49 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi RangerNeil,

I still have exactly what you had in the first place (the oops message), I have cleaned the cookies and cache with Ccleaner (don't know if it works) and change my password about 10 times, NOTHING has changed.

Cheers

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 50 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry, the IT ticket is still open and we're working on fixing this asap. Apologies it's taking longer than normal.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos