Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: {UPDATE} Unable to access webmail: Error 606

Terry, I had your problem, so to change my password, I accessed My Virgin Media using a different browser (Firefox), changed my password, then went back to Chrome, logged in using the new password, and hey presto.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Sorry the steps above haven't worked for you so far Terry.

I was going to suggest the same as mintym - another browser or device may help, if not please let us know.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 13 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to you both, now changed the password on Firefox but still no good, so frustrating. Am I the only one this hasn't worked for ??

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Let us check things at our end Terry. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm some details, please reply when you can and we'll see what we can do.

Tom

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hello - I have had the same issue since 14 Feb  and just now,  on yet another call with customer services technical support, they asked for my password,  or if I wanted to generate another one and then did some wizardry their end and it is now working across all my devices.

So I would suggest trying to get a very clever woman called Reetika and getting her to fix!  Good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Another affected by the error 606 problem using chrome browser.    Poor service by Virgin Media.   Have spent 40 minutes on three calls to the helpline mostly listening to recorded messages and music.   All they can do is hlame Google for the problem and suggest installing a new browser.    Already installed Firefox but using that browser cannot send emails with an attachment.    This is not what I pay £60 a month for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 17 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robin, Yes, I know exactly what you mean regarding virgin customer service as I phoned them and got passed from pillar to post and ended up feeling like a thickco pensioner. Fortunately, the Virgin community have a different attitude and are trying hard to rectify the problem.

Cheers

Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 18 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Can affected customers please try clearing their browser cookies/cache and attempt to access webmail again, then please reply to this thread to let us know the outcome?

Best,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 19 of 78
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly the same advice given in the first post in this thread, dated 12th Feb, which was then repeated in the "update" of the 20th Feb. with the addition of also resetting the email password.

So in effect nothing has changed and the issue still persists. 

The definition of insanity is doing saying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Attributed (incorrectly) to Albert Einstein.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sololobo, 

Thanks for your post. I can appreciate how frustrating it can be to be asked to do the same thing again but we can assure you that it is being being worked on. Once a fix is has been implemented, we may ask for the cache/cookies to be cleared just in case your browser attempts to access the site using old data.

Thanks for your patience,

Corey C.

0 Kudos