cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to recover email, but date of birth seems to be wrong

Connor_yeo
Joining in

Hi 

I was trying to recover our virginmedia.com email that we used to set up the broadband. When registering for my virgin media, I type in the last name, account number and area reference it says the account exists but it’s partially censored. However, when I try to recover the email and put the date of birth, account number and area reference, it says it can’t find the details with the information you’ve provided. 

I’d like to know if there is another way I can recover the email. 

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Connor_yeo 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're not able to recover the email. Can you confirm, was this email used and attached to an older service? 

If so, how long ago was this service disconnected?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @Carley_S

The email was created when we set up the broadband, tv and landline. It was given to us by virgin. I don’t think it was connected to any old service either. We never used the email so I’m not too sure 

Can you confirm if you're currently a Virgin Media broadband customer? 

You can chose to have a Virgin Media email during your online account set up, but if it's not needed you can chose to not have one. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes we are currently using Virgin Media broadband. There is an email attached to the account, however, I’m not sure what the email is. All I know is certain parts, for example b*7*5*1*@virginmedia.com, but not the full email 

Have you tried using the forgotten username route at all @Connor_yeo? This would send an email to the address used as the username. 

No I haven’t. How would I go about doing that? 

You just need to click the forgotten username button on the log in screen here @Connor_yeo 

Please do let us know how this goes. 

Unfortunately I’ve already tried that. 

I’ve decided I’m going to try and send a change of details form and change the email to one that I use. I’ll see if this works

Thank you 

No problem we can actually assist with this via the forums, I'll pop you over a Private Message and we can get the email address changed.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.