Menu
gbzacpp
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Trying to log into virgin media email but recaptcha loops/I choose it but check box disappears

When trying to log into Virgin media 1 of 2 things happen - either the recaptcha box appears but when I tick it then it loops and/or when I try to log on there isn't a recaptcha box but the message still appears. I did clear some history recently (cookies/cache only).

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to log into virgin media email but recaptcha loops/I choose it but check box disappears

Hello gbzacpp

Sorry to hear of the email access issues, thanks for taking the time to post this on our forums to make us aware.

Can you confirm if you have previously been able to log into the  account?

Does this happen across all devices?

Are you able to access it via either mobile or desktop?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
gbzacpp
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to log into virgin media email but recaptcha loops/I choose it but check box disappears

Hi Rob,

I was able to log in previously and in fact I can log in now - but I think that is because I'm not currently being asked to confirm that I'm not a robot.

I have had issues on other websites where recaptcha has been required - when I went to the same websites via a "Private Window" I was able to log in etc ok.

I use Mozilla Firefox.

Kind Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gbzacpp,

Thanks for replying, glad you are able to log in. Could you have an add-on that may be blocking the capcha? Ad-Block, for example, can sometimes suppress web elements from rendering correctly or make them unresponsive.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
gbzacpp
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

I have very few Add Ons.

I do have "Privacy Badger" but I'm sure I added that after the recaptcha problem showed itself.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for replying, Gbzacpp.

If you are still having log in issues or by passing the captcha, try temporarily switching off all the add-ons. If this is also occurring on other sites but the captcha works in a private window, it may likely be an add-on since they tend to switch off in private mode.

Thanks, 

Corey C

0 Kudos
gbzacpp
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

If/when the problem resurfaces I'll try what you suggest.

Many thanks,

Alan

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No worries, Alan.

If it does happen again, do try this and let us know how it goes. Happy to help.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos