Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trouble delivering to VirginMedia domains

We are an ESP that sends thousands of emails from various clients. Over the past month, all of our clients are seeing delays/non-delivery to the VirginMedia domains. None of the IPs or domains are on any blacklists. Can someone reach out to me and let me know what we can do to improve delivery?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble delivering to VirginMedia domains

@ScotBergg 

Are you able to confirm the SMTP codes being returned from Virgin Media's servers?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply.

We are seeing the below bounce code, which is strange since mail is coming from a power company regarding recent usage, so complaints/spam is at a minimum. We see this code whether 1,000 daily emails are sent or 20:

"421 4.2.0 MXIN605 Too many spam emails from your IP in the last hour. Fix and retry later ;id=JduejUlRME6q0Jduejkt1v;sid=JduejUlRME6q0;mta=mx3.tb;d=20200401;t=160012[CET];ipsrc=35.177.218.207;" while connected from mta4.eu-west-2.e.alterian.net (172.29.21.148) to mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net (212.54.56.11)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We also experience this bounce when sending to less than 100 blueyonder subscribers in a day... and our settings are really low: 1 connection, 1 throughput per minute:

(421 4.1.1 logid=SMTPRC 421 MXIN503 Hourly ratelimit for your IP exceeded ;id=IsyCjBc3rWLXjIsyCjodFj;sid=IsyCjBc3rWLXj;mta=mx10.tb;d=20200330;t=135244[CET];ipsrc=35.177.218.207;)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not a Virgin Media employee but I am going to do what I can to get one of them to look at this for you.

@ModTeam @Kev_B - Can you get someone to take a look as this needs escalating to see if Liberty Global are flagging these mails as spam incorrectly.

I would class this as urgent quite frankly, as we've seen a number of companies blocked for one thing or another lately including Walmart.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tim - thanks so much for your help and passing along. Very much appreciated!

I have also requested whitelisting for the IPs through the VirginMedia postmaster page, but so far that hasn't happened.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ScotBergg I'm happy to take a look at this for you. I'm quite familiar with rate limit problems having looked at a similar problem recently. Would you mind sending me the full text & headers of the rejections you're getting please, via PM? You can PM me by hovering over my username and clicking the Send Message button. I can also provide an email address if it's easier to send attachments, just PM me either way.

@ravenstar68 - Tim, thanks for flagging 😃

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules