Menu
razza923
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Transferring ntl/virgin email to new account

Hi there,

Im sure it's has already been posted, but im confused by some threads having conflicting information.

Is it possible to move my mums ntlworld and my virginmedia email addresses, to my dads new account, as my mum is cancelling her contract, without losing the emails contained?

I would be most grateful to hear whether or not this is possible!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring ntl/virgin email to new account

The reason you have seen conflicting information is that it isn't always possible to carry out the move and transfer process that is required.

The VM Forum Team should be able to advise further on your specific circumstances.  They will reach this thread in a day or two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello razza923,

Where is your mum's and your own email address currently at? I mean are they both linked to the same account? If so, we can try and migrate them over the the new account. Does your dad's new account have any email's he want to keep? I ask because if it's possible to transfer them, he may lose any email accounts on the new account.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
razza923
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

thanks for your reply! My virginmedia is attached to my mums account and her ntlworld email. Her account will be cancelled this week. My dad who is opening the new account, wont have any virgin emails attached to his as he uses his personal email?

Hope this Helps?!

Kind Regards,

Razza923

0 Kudos
razza923
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

thanks for your reply! My virginmedia email is attached to my mums account and her ntlworld email. Her account will be cancelled this week. My dad who is opening the new account, wont have any virgin emails attached to his as he uses his personal email?

Hope this Helps?!

Kind Regards,

Razza923

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@razza923 That is helpful information for the VM team to work with.  It looks as if @Lisa_CC is off shift at the moment.  I'm sure that she will respond when she is back on duty.

You need to be prepared for both your Mum and Dad to be asked to clear security questions if this transfer is to be possible.  Lisa will probably contact you via the Private Message section of the community to sort this bit out, but should respond here first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Razza923,

Has your mum's account been fully disconnected yet? Let me know when it is and when your dad has his new account set up so I can take a look. I'll need your mum's permission to transfer the online details over to the new account too.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
razza923
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

My mums account has been fully disconnected now. I think my dads waiting to get his installation on the 20th but hopefully earlier! Whats the next steps?

Kind Regards,

R

0 Kudos
razza923
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

My dad now has now been connected up. Please can you advise on what the next steps are to see if the emails can be transferred over to his account.

Kind Regards,

R

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi razza923,

Thanks for letting us know.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos