Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transferring email folders from Incred to Virgin

Hi,

I have been using Incredimail for nearly 20 years but it is closing down on 20th March 2020. How can I transfer the email I have in folders there to my Virgin account?

Can anyone help please?

I

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring email folders from Incred to Virgin

Same here, and I uninstalled Incredimail today. However, before I did that I backed up the contents contacts, emails folders etc. If you want to do that I can help.

I'm far from being an expert, but I  used to use POP but switched to IMAP which is a whole lot smarter imo, and mirrors everything between the two systems. I just went through my contacts and made sure I had them all on VM, and filed all my sent mail in appropriate folders, because I don't think that if you send from Incredimail it goes into sent objects in VM. I could be wrong on that but wanted to make sure. I just have to decide now whether I stick with VM or go for another PC based system.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring email folders from Incred to Virgin

Webmail lacks basic features for example its search is restricted to a folder at a time; that includes subfolders.

Your email needs would like be better served with an email service provider that:

• is not an ISP or tied to any ISP
  • provides security that is equal to or greater than the services it might be used with
  • provides good spam filtering

In terms of email client avoid those using propriety file formats for storage otherwise you might find yourself data locked to the provider.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos