cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring email accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have recently taken over my parents account and became the account holder, which means that a new account has been created. Thus, the email address's that were on the previous account are no longer on the new account. I have rang customer service twice to no luck and was wondering if there was a way to transfer the email accounts on the previous account to the new account. Before the account was transferred over into my name we made sure that the email accounts would be transferred over but this has not happened...

I would appreciate some help in getting this resolved.

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

I believe that you were misinformed, it used to be the case that this could be done but now as I understand it, both the old and new accounts have to be in the same name (although there are some exceptions such as a bereavement).

If I am right (and hopefully one of the forum staff will see this and either confirm or deny that this is the case) then I'm afraid all of the old email addresses are orphaned and as such are likely to be deleted along with all the emails contained within them after some 90 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jem101, thanks for the information. Bit annoying if this is the case as we were told by customer service in writing that we would be able to keep the same email addresses...

Hi judepl,

Thank you for your post. 

Our apologies for any frustration with this but jem101 is correct in saying that the name on the account does need to match the previous one. 

^Martin