forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
jeluge1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transfering ntlworld.com email to gmail

Hi All, I'm trying to get my old ntlworld email transferred to a new gmail address before it gets switched off at the end of this month but I seem to be having nothing but problems. These are the 2 ways i've tried and the problems i had.

When I try to do it by logging into my ntlworld account on virginmedia.com and adding a new email account, i get authentication errors saying that it can't log into the gmail account. Every time I try I get messages on gmail saying that they've blocked a suspicious log in attempt, I always click the link in the email and confirm it was me in the hope it will let me in if I try again but it makes no difference. I have ensured that access for less secure apps in enabled on the gmail as well as ensuring that pop is enables for all mail.

I have also tried the other way, logging into the new gmail and going to settings, accounts and import and doing it from there. When it asks for credentials it doesn't pick up ntlworld settings automatically so i have to enter the new pop3 settings. I have tried pop3.ntlworld.com and pop3@virginmedia.com and I get errors saying that the server couldn't be located and that the password is incorrect (I know that the password is correct).

I don't really know what to do now, I have a lot of emails i don't want to loose so this is really frustrating. If anyone can make any recommendations it would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfering ntlworld.com email to gmail

Hi,

Did you ever find a way to do this? I'm in the same boat at the moment so would love to know what to do!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfering ntlworld.com email to gmail

Hello

I am afraid that what you are trying to do is not possible you cannot transfer the email address to another provider like gmail in your case.

What you will need to do is too backup you emails and then import them into gmail have a look at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

Once that is done you will need to go through all you accounts with websites that use the virginmedia email address and then change them to you gmail email address.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos