Menu
Adrian4321
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Transfer my pre-existing emails to my New Virgin Account

Could someone from the Customer Service support team please be able to help me transfer my emails over from my old virgin account to my new one.  Tried the call centre but I'm unable to get through

Thank you

Adrian

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer my pre-existing emails to my New Virgin Account

This should have happened as part of the process of moving.  A Move & Transfer will be required and the Forum Team should be able to arrange this for you once they have cleared security with you.

The wait could be substantially longer than usual in the current circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Adrian4321
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Transfer email accounts from my old account to my new account

Hello Could someone from Virgin Media Admin please get in contact with me and help me transfer the email accounts from my old account to my new account

I asked last week but  no one from Virgin media got back to me.

0 Kudos
adrian_n
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer email accounts from my old account to my new account

hi if you have both accounts on your phone you can transfer them yourself by
opening email
clicking forward
selecting account
then dropping it in new account

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
adrian_n
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hi if you have both accounts on your phone you can transfer them simply doing the following
open email
click on forward
select account
then dropping in inbox
hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian 4321,

Sorry it's taken a few days to get back to you, I'm happy to take a look and see if we can transfer those accounts for you.

I just need to check first and foremost, are both the accounts in your name? We just need to clear our data protection checks on both accounts in order to proceed, which we can only do via the forum if you're the account holder on both accounts.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Adrian4321
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thank you for replying to my post

Yes I can confirm both accounts belong to me and are both in the same name, same address etc...  

Please tell me what data protection questions I need to answer and I will glady tell you.

Thank you for your time

Adrian

0 Kudos
Adrian4321
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I want to be able to manage the email accounts using my new virgin media account.  Ie change the password etc....no just forward them on from an from the old account to the new account.

For that I will need someone from Virgin Media tech team to transfer the email accounts over to my new virgin media account from my old account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That is what the 'move & transfer' process will do.  Wait for @Kev_B  to get back to you.  However, he, along with the rest of the staff, is extremely busy at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian4321,

As @Graham_A rightly points out, the move & transfer process will take the email services from your old account and move them to the new account, giving you full control in the same way you had with the old account.

I'll need to confirm all the details with you and complete the data protection checks, so I'm sending you a PM to allow us to proceed. Just check the purple envelope, in the top right of the page to access your PMs.

Speak soon.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules