Menu
Calibre500
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfer emails from Virgin to Yahoo

I am moving from Virgin unfortunately after 25+ years but don't want to lose any emails and want forward/transfer approx 1600 emails to my Yahoo account as a whole if possible. I am not disconnected yet but want to disconnect this weekend.

Can anyone help?? Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer emails from Virgin to Yahoo

You cannot “transfer” your emails from one email account to another. If you are using an email client, such as MS Outlook or Thunderbird you can keep a record of your old emails once your old account is closed.

Virgin allow you access for 90 days after your subscription ceases. 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Firstly make a local backup of your email account's data, FYI Backing up your Emails - One of many solutions, then consider setting up access to the Virgin Media email address in Yahoo, copy the emails over and then disconnect the access. To export contacts read Exporting contacts in Virgin Media mail.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to add some advice as you are leaving Virgin Media.  When you have got most things transferred to your new provider, you can set up an autoforward in webmail to help pick up anything you have missed.

Turn off all spam filtering so you don't have to log in again to retrieve mis-identified spam.  Don't use the holiday notice - that could alert spammers and scammers to your new address.  Delete all emails and contacts from webmail (once your backup is secure).  This reduces the data that could be lost if anyone hacks in.  When the 90 days are up run the address through https://mailtester.com and make sure it is removed from VM's server.  If still showing valid, come back here and ask them to delete it manually.  We don't want you to come back years later with a hacking problem!

Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos