Menu
AndrewMc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Transfer Blueyonder email account

We have recently moved house and the sales team at VM offered me a new package. My old account was in my wife's name and it was decided the new account would be in my name. A key part of this agreement was that I could keep my Blueyonder email accounts, "guaranteed".  In a recent conversation with VM, they now tell me that I am going to lose my Blueyonder email account.

I believe I must have been mis-sold this new account, or can VM transfer my Blueyonder account to my new account?

Thank you 

Andrew

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer Blueyonder email account

Provided that your wife agrees and gives consent to VM, they should be able to follow the 'move and transfer' procedure which will move all the email addresses from the old account to the new account.  This will overwrite all email addresses on the new account and change the primary username to the previous one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewMc1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham 

Thank you for your response, for clarity I need to explain that there are no new email accounts with the new VM account. I have not set anything up as yet.

As for my wife, there are no issues there. 

The key question is, will VM allow me to keep the Blueyonder accounts, as per their guarantee to me when i agreed to the new account?

Regards 

Andrew

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

if the old email accounts are still active they can do a move and transfer (if you pass security ont he old account) and it will replace all the emails on the new account with the old ones
AndrewMc1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Will I be still able to use the Blueyonder email account?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, if the move and transfer can be done the blueyonder email addresses will continue as before.

The VM Forum Team should pick this thread up on Monday.  They will want to contact you and the original account holder in order to check if this can be done.  It would be a good idea to get your wife to join this community and add a post to this thread so that she can be contacted for security purposes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

AndrewMc1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Thank you for this, as I am the nominated account holder I will be able to speak with VM. 

I look forward to resolving this on Monday. 

Thank you 

Regards

Andrew

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndrewMc1, thanks for getting in touch.

I'll do all I can to help with this. Please look out for my PM and get back to me with the requested info when you can & we'll take it from there.

Tom

herring253
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

can this still be done ? I need a blueyonder email transferred to a different account so that it can be still used

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you transfer email address it will move and transfer all email addresses that were attached to the old account and replace the emails on the new account, you cannot transfer just one and keep the new account email addresses intact.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos