cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider.

fionauk2
Joining in

On logging onto my email at the beginning of the week, I got a message saying I had to change my password, which I duly did. Since then, I've been able to access my main email but there is no way of logging into my secondary email address, and I keep getting this message: The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

There is no way to change the password for the smtp, and no matter how many times I've tried, I still get the same message. I phoned the helpdesk on Monday and was told it would be sorted out over a few days, but still nothing. I need to get access to my emails. After all the outages and problems recently this is getting to be a real problem. Can you help? Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello fionauk2

We're sorry to hear of the access issues in regards to your email account, we appreciate the frustration and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible. Are you able to access the emails vis webmail?

If so, please follow these steps to reset the password:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Thanks

Rob

No, I'm not able to access the one email address via webmail, and I'm not using a third party email app, so I don't think the above applies.