cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider.

Laidbach
Tuning in

Hi,

On my two secondary email accounts, i can not access them via VM Mail webpage and get a

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them

I have tried going into the Edit option to change the passwords, but find the option greyed out. I don't know what to do as one of these "Blueyonder" addresses is my main address that is associated with many accounts.
Trash - E-mail - Carole-ann Ellis - Virgin Media Mail — Mozilla Firefox 03_07_2023 04_32_38.pngTrash - E-mail - Carole-ann Ellis - Virgin Media Mail — Mozilla Firefox 03_07_2023 04_32_54.png

11 REPLIES 11

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Laidbach 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you have an issue with the email service ☹.

Are you able to access webmail?

Let us know. 

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Laidbach
Tuning in

Hi,

When i try to access the accounts through the web via webmail (Virgin Media Email page), both the secondary "blueyonder" accounts have an exclaimation mark next to them and are not showing up and folders or messages, and when i click on them i am met with the "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider" message. However, the primary "Virginmedia" email is unaffected.

Strangely, i can still access and download the messages of those addresses affected through Thunderbird, so it's definately the Webmail side.

Hi Laidbach, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

Can you confirm if changing the password resolves this? 

Please let us know how it goes? 

Chris. 

Cannot change Email password because area to change it when I click edit, is greyed out 

Changed password to log in to VM but still the same, no change.

Hi Laidbach, thanks for the reply. 

Can you try another browser and delete the cache and cookies to see if anything changes? 

If you get the same can you also confirm if it is any different in incognito mode? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Laidbach 

You might like to read my post in the other identically named thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/The-entered-credential-or-authentication-information-does... 

Regarding:

"Email password because area to change it when I click edit, is greyed out"

Once you have reset the password (as described in my other post) you only need to update the Incoming server password field. AFAIK the outgoing password field is always greyed out.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nothing is solving this AT ALL.

Was it really this simple to solve. 😮

In a fit of rage I just deleted the two secondary emails from webmail that were showing the exclamation mark and giving the Authenticity credential error message.

5 mins later I decided to try and re-add them again as secondary emails to see it I could, expecting to have lost every email, but.............

........when I added them, they successfully added back with no exclamation mark against them or Authenticity Credential message anywhere. Not only that, after a minute, all messages had reappeared and am able to access everything, including certain emails that had made it into the spam folder which I was looking for.

It seems this is problem solved and may explain why resetting passwords etc is not working on these secondary accounts. 

Bittom line is I deleted them on the webmail page, then re-added them. If anyone else takes this risk and does the same, Please post if it has worked.

Hey laidbatch, thank you for reaching back out and I am so sorry to hear about the issue.

However I am happy to hear that you have managed to fix this and give some advice out here, please do reach out if you need anything from us in the future. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?