cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider.

leedavid76
Joining in

Hi, I have just had this message come up for a 2nd account linked to my email. Nothing has changed, how can this be resolved? Any help would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi leedavid76,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your emails.

Are you trying to sign in via a third party client such as Outlook, or are you using our webmail service?

If you aren't using our webmail service, can you please try signing in through there to see if the issues persist?

Thanks!

Beth

I have this issue as well. I am using webmail. It seems many others have this problem!

Our teams were working through the night to complete planned and essential work to our email service. This was carried out overnight to minimise disruption for our email users, but unfortunately, we have since encountered some technical difficulties which means email users may be experiencing intermittent issues with their email service. We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and our teams are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Beth

Join the club - We've got jackets. 😞

Hi Beth, I am using your webmail service and added an additional email to my own email (which is the main email account) and have had no issues for years, then all of sudden the message at the top of the post came up and I can't access emails.

Hi there @leedavid76 

Thank you for popping back to us and we are so sorry to hear that this issues has persisted.

Have you been able to try changing your email password and updating it on all devices?

cappy
On our wavelength

I also have this issue. 3 mailboxes I cannot access, this is causing me real problems as I have financial and health services tied to these email addresses. I am using webmail and cannot make any changes to the account as I just get the following message each time I try to "save":

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

Hi there @cappy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry that you have also experienced this issue as well. Can I just confirm, have you been unable to try changing the password for these email addresses at all? 

cappy
On our wavelength

Yes. I try to change the password on the incoming IMAP server and get the following error:

Error

The provided password seems to be wrong or something bad happened.

It's been so long since I set these mailboxes up, I am unsure of the password and don't know how to reset, or request them.