cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected

eximo
Joining in

Hi,

Our client has a problem with sending e-mails to their customers who have e-mails in domains belonging to Virgin like @blueyonder.co.uk or @ntlworld.com.

The mail server returns the following information:
postfix/smtp[6513]: D1CCC60D4B: to=<xxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk>, relay=mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11]:25, delay=164108, delays=164107/0/0.4/0.54, dsn=4.2.0, status=deferred (host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11] said: 421 4.2.0 MXIN618 Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected, retry later ;id=JBhTo0TZ9IlCcJBhUoj97j;sid=JBhTo0TZ9IlCc;mta=mx5.tb;dt=2022-08-03T12:34:04+02:00;ipsrc=xx.xx.xx.xx; (in reply to end of DATA command))

I can't find any information on the internet except this post in your Community where the solution was to adjustment your spam filter: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/virginmedia-SMC-Policy-Violation-bounce-error/td-p/465253...

Please let me know to whom I could send details like domain name or IP address of the e-mail gateway. I hope the problem can be solved quickly 🙂

Thanks,
EximoTeam

13 REPLIES 13

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi eximo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I apologise that this is the case. What I will do is pop you over a private message so that we can confirm some details with you and pass this onto the relevant team. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

glenh
Joining in

Hi,

My client (a club with over 2000 members) is also experiencing the same problem when e-mailing to its members who have virginmedia addresses. Here is an example of the error message with the IP address blanked:

Remote server replied: 421 4.2.0 MXIN618 Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected, retry later ;id=LEgDoNqTMxx1FLEgDopGqI;sid=LEgDoNqTMxx1F;mta=mx1.tb;dt=2022-08-09T04:09:14+02:00;ipsrc=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;

We are using a new server but the IP address we are using clearly has been listed as a security/SPAM risk in the past and we have had to get it delisted with a couple of other providers. Would it be possible to correspond directly with someone to get this fixed?

With thanks,

Good Afternoon @glenh, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with sending E-Mail via the new server.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good Afternoon @glenh, thanks for your private message today and I'm pleased to hear that this now appears to have been resolved after our work together over the private messaging function.

Do please feel free to come back to me, if this error re-emerges.

Thanks for your time and patience and I wish you a wonderful weekend!

David_Bn

Really appreciate all your help David. Many thanks... and hope you have a great weekend too.

glenh

Hi David - can you send me same info/questions - we have same 'Temporary SMC Policy Violation' issues - thank you

Hi DanBroughton, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with this error message. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi DanBroughton, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I have forwarded all the information you've given me to the relevant teams now. Once I have an update, I will pop back to you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

maynardsmith
Tuning in

I have also been losing email recently.  A lot has just vanished, but several tests have been rejected with a message such as:

2022-12-15 17:03:47, result, 930813, deferral, DKIM_signed_ok/212.54.56.11_failed_after_I_sent_the_message./Remote_host_said:_421_4.2.0_MXIN618_Temporary_SMC_Policy_Violation_detected,_retry_later_;id=5plzpQu6FxYdD5plzphFSK;sid=5plzpQu6FxYdD;mta=mx3.tb;dt=2022-12-15T16:03:47+01:00;ipsrc=195.42.142.18;/

Please advise.
Tony