Menu
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Talk Talk and virgin.net

Virgin Media tech team are insisting that it is Talk Talk that is responsible for cutting off access to my Virgin.net email account despite posts on here by Virgin Media staff saying that Virgin stayed in control of the virgin.net emails after the ADSL service was sold to Talk Talk. Talk Talk deny all responsibility. My virgin.net email remains active but inaccessible via virgin. I have lost approx 25 years of emails. How can this happen without notice to customers and who is right, the tech team or the forum? If the tech team is right what else can i do considering Talk Talk denies responsibility?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk Talk and virgin.net

Talk Talk have no involvement with virgin.net email addresses.

If your address was attached to a VM ADSL service when the service was sold to Talk Talk you had the option to transfer your service to a VM broadband account, including the email address.  If you didn't take that route the address should have continued working for 12 months before being closed down by Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The email address is still managed by Virginmedia.

One question to ask is are you still a VM broadband customer, if you are not then I am afraid that all the VM support staff can do is too delete the email address.

Have a look at this two posts - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021 as your accoount is orphaned, and to be able to use a VM email address you have to have a VM broadband account.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please, please, can someone instruct the virgin media tech team/customer services on this. I can't tell you how frustrating it has been talking to assorted people who insist only Talk Talk can resolve the issue. They need more training.We got a Virgin Broadband account soon after the transfer and linked the virgin.net emails to it. All worked fine for years. Including changing account to my own name when separated from husband. Then suddenly two months ago approx. All my mail made inaccessible. No warning. No apologies.No credible explanation. I have been a loyal customer for decades but I will no longer be recommending Virgin.

0 Kudos
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am still a virgin broadband customer. Have been for decades. They have made a mistake but won't admit it.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if its been down for 2 months it might be too late to do anything about it.
Was the email address linked to your current account. Does it show under your email addresses in my virgin media
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know it's frustrating for you, but with multiple posts on the same topic elsewhere on the forum I now find it difficult to reply without repetition.

I will be easier for you, and everybody else, if you stick to just one thread where all the advice provided can be seen in one place.

I will simply add the following, from VM's Acceptable Use Policy here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy

6. Your responsibilities - content/material

Email use

6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account. Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice.

6.6. If you do not access any your Virgin Media email account at least once in every 150 days we have the right to delete that email account and its contents without prior warning.

6.7. If the email account is not used in any 90 day period we will suspend that account without prior notice. This will not impact any other email addresses associated with that account, as long as they are accessed within a 90 day period.

6.8. The email account will remain suspended for a further 60 days. During this time you can reactivate it by calling customer care.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Email use

6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account. Sadly this had been the case (I thought) but my hard disk died and the backup on an external drive did not (unknown to me) include Outlook files.Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice. Why was the service terminated or suspended - I have no idea.

6.6. 6.7. 6.8. All of these do not apply as the email account was in use

0 Kudos