cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO CHANGE MY EMAIL PASSWORD

coldonmac
Tuning in

I want to change my Virgin email password and when I tried to do that, the system wanted me to change my login User Name from the @ntlworld.com to another 3rd party email provider.

I thought this strange so phoned Help Desk who advised me this is the case as Virgin no longer issued User Names.

The young lady on the Help Desk tried to access my email account (with my permission) and eventually managed to do so and changed the password to something of her choice which she advised me of.

She then advised that I would be able to go in and change this to something of my choosing.

I have been unable to do so, therefore I’m now at the stage where my original password has been changed to something even weaker than I originally had and I’m unable to do anything about it.

I found previous posts with a similar problem and I followed the advice given there ie:

I entered my user name and temporary password. Selected Account Settings>Account details>Edit button next to Password (under sign-in details) and then I get this:

coldonmac_0-1701442159542.png

Is anyone able to give me any advise as to how to change my Virgin password as at the moment I'm stuck with a password which according to a Password Strength site would take 0.01 seconds to break?

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coldonmac You will need to go though the process to change the username to a third party email address as advised when you first tried to change the password.  The change of username does not alter your original email address only the way you sign into it.

https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address

Once you have changed the username you should then be able to get the verification code needed to change the password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coldonmac
Tuning in

Hi.

Thanks for that, however no link comes through for me to click on.

So I'm basically sitting with a weak password, but I really appreciate you reaching out.

Regards 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked the spam folder in your third party email address to see if the verification email has ended up in there?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi.

Yes, nothing. 

Regards

Colin