Menu
dlenn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly unable to send email to 1 address @idnet.com

Hi there,

I have suddenly become unable to send emails to a friend with an email address @idnet.com

They bounceback after about half an hr with the following error message

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 37 minute(s):  * friendsname@idnet.com

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-3-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "RE: AGM", has not yet been delivered to friendsname@idnet.com.

The remote server returned the below error when attempting delivery:

450:450 4.7.0 <know-smtprelay-omc-3.server.virginmedia.net[80.0.253.67]>: Client host rejected: defer_if_reject requested

It seems to be exactly the same issue as in this issue. It started on Sunday evening

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/emails-to-one-addressee-being-rejected/m-p/4659850

As per the previous issue is looks like the IP 80.0.253.67 is on 3 blacklists

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a80.0.253.67&run=toolpage

dlenn_0-1618944992631.png

Please could someone at virginmedia take a look into getting these unblocked.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly unable to send email to 1 address @idnet.com

Hi dlenn, thanks for your post - sorry to hear you've encountered this problem with emails.

To help further I will need to confirm some details via PM. Please look out for the purple envelope and get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F 

You might want to let the email team know that their server IP is being blacklisted again.

At time of checking, it's on SORBS SPAM and HOSTKARMA SPAM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me @dlenn and thanks for the additional info @ravenstar68 I have let them know, and will get back with an update asap.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delay with this @dlenn. Just to confirm - a ticket has been raised and I'll keep my eye on it and update the thread accordingly. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
dlenn
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update for others following this thread is that it looks like at least one of the Blacklistings for the relay  80.0.253.67 has been cleared because I was able to email my friend again on Wednesday 28th May.

However, when I checked on mxtoolbox blacklist search ( https://mxtoolbox.com) it is still on the Sorbs spam list though so may be being blocked still by other ISP's

I sent an email to my work address and it looks like the relay may have changed to know-smtprelay-omc-5.server.virginmedia.net (80.0.253.69) however, this is also on the same sorbs spam list as above.  I assume they probably have lots of relay IP's/addresses.

Also thanks @ravenstar68 for the reminder to check on mxtoolbox.

Regards

Susan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos