Menu
Northwinds
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly getting a huge amount of spam via my vm accounts - specifically from supposed McAffee ???

Same here - only getting this on my 2 blueyonder emails.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly getting a huge amount of spam via my vm accounts - specifically from supposed McAffe...

Hi Northwinds,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with spam.

You can find information regarding this here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Northwinds
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly getting a huge amount of spam via my vm accounts - specifically from supposed McAffe...

Wow! That's a huge non answer!!!!

To be honest it was the hastle of changing these emails that have kept me a loyal vm customer all these years!

I guess if you're not willing to fix this I'll have to start moving to my gmail and look for another ISP!

0 Kudos
TryingToBeHappy
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Northwind

There is a thread above running to 37 pages but, to be honest, the outcome is exactly as you’ve seen here. 

I have not seen a single response from a VM employee either apologising, or explaining what has happened or what they are going to do. 

0 Kudos
Northwinds
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yep - seems they really don't give a **bleep** about losing paying customers!

Hopefully with all these broadband updates digging up the streets there will be some real competition soon!

Time to start devolving my vm email addresses!

0 Kudos
Northwinds
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Turns out most of these are now coming from a domain "newstim.it" 

I'm not sure if I did it right but I tried applying a rule for everything from *@newstim.it - should that work?

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm not an expert on the filters to be honest but I think that should do the trick - let us know if they still continue to come through once the filter is set up. 

I do appreciate this will be frustrating and I'm sorry there's not more we can do to help directly.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Humblestrummer
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The same senders (offering a variety of vouchers from the likes of Lidl, Amazon etc) seem to have dropped the domain 'newstim.it' and are now using '123box.net'. I have tried a number of configurations in email filters with no success.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums @Humblestrummer.

Are these mails going into your main mailbox or spam folder?

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Northwinds
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yep - I'm getting these again several times a day - into my main folder!

0 Kudos