cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden loss of access to Virgin Media email

davidmcr1
Joining in

Hi.

Last week (Thursday night) I was suddenly locked out of my email account for no apparent reason.. Have tried using the website app as well as Thunderbird and both end up with "authentication failed"!. Have reset router and passwords THREE times - no luck. I have also had the email account is unavailable as well.

No way to contact VM via live chat or phone - so could a moderator explain exactly what is going on and when email will be running again?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi davidmcr1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your email account. Can you confirm if you're able to sign in via webmail?

Alex_Rm

I cannot sign in via any method - webmail or email client. It just doesn't let me in at all. 'Authentication failed' when using Thunderbird, 'Acoount Unavailable' screen when using your webmail.

Thanks for confirming, can you try this for me please-

Go to Account settings, then Account details
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

Alex

I already explained in my original post that I have reset the passwords 3 times already. It does not make any difference.

Thanks, I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex, I am having the same problem as David. Could you possibly look into this for me also as there are important legal and medical documents that I need access to. Thanking you! Jon