Menu
wyliecoyoteuk2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still unable to delete my blueyonder email accounts

Hi, despite a long, ongoing communication with VM support, and multiple reports and requests our Blueyonder email addresses are still live.

We left VM in august 2019, when we moved to the country.

Our email addresses were supposed to be deleted after 90 days.

I have been trying without success to get them deleted since December 2020.

Our virginmedia.com addresses have been deleted, but our blueyonder ones are still live.

As I am no longer a customer, I cannot login to delete them myself, and I cannot raise a complaint without a customer account..

Can anyone suggest who to talk to about this?

IT seem unable or unwilling to do anything about it.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Still unable to delete my blueyonder email accounts

Considering the issue has persisted despite your previous attempt (see here) either:

• contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) with a view to making a complaint that Virgin Media have failed to maintain the security of your data by their failure to delete the email accounts
  • wait for the forum team to respond to your post but be aware it can take them a few days

Provided Virgin Media act this time a resolution is likely to be quicker than waiting the ICO to complete their complaint process however it would be understandable if you chose not to give them another chance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @wyliecoyoteuk2

I can see that a colleague has been in touch already via Private Message - please do respond to that to avoid any duplication or confusion. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wyliecoyoteuk2
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have lodged a complaint with ICO. I have also requested once more that the accounts should be deleted.

0 Kudos