cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not got access to e-mail account 3 weeks after outage

Pat67
Joining in

Hi, hopefully someone will be able to help me here. Ever since the Virginmedia mail servers played up three weeks ago I have been unable to access my e-mail account. The password apparently didn't work but everything I have tried to reset it has failed. I have read these forums and tried everything. When trying to reset the password I keep getting the "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one." message. I have spent an hour online with support only for them to tell me they were having trouble resetting it and to call back later. I spend two hours on chat without any luck and yesterday spent 3 hours waiting for someone to get back to me. If the mail was getting bounced back it wouldn't be a problem but senders are getting mail delivered and are assuming I haven't read it.

I am a customer with Virginmedia and have been through all the changes for most of the last twenty years. It is a virgin.net mail account but that shouldn't make any difference as my secondary account that my partner uses has been working fine since the problem.

Any help would be appreciated as its driving me mad!! 

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pat67,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble accessing your email account, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Thanks, replied to PM

glospurs
On our wavelength

My ntlworld email been out for almost a week!

when I called other day got told someone would call me in 4-5 days, still waiting!!

help!!

Hey glopspurs, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Pat67
Joining in

UPDATE

Its been four weeks now/ I did get a call from a support person Thursday saying that the reason it wasn't working was because the mail account was initially registered at another address and wasn't connected to my current account and address. Now this is true, it was created twenty five years ago, along with a secondary account. Both had worked absolutely fine for the last twenty five years, including after I had moved house. The secondary account still works fine but my main personal e-mail account is still not accessible. Virginmedia support said they were going to get the mail account moved to my current Virgin Media billing account and this would fix it. This would take 24 to 48 hours to complete. Five days later, still not working.

Thanks for the update @Pat67, sorry to see that this still hasn't been resolved for you.

I'll be happy to check your account for an update on this issue so I'll send you a PM to confirm some details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Pat67
Joining in

...and still no access to my e-mail account. Same as usual, someone from VM offers to help sort it out. Their fix doesn't work, they say they will get back to me, they don't. I really wished I hadn't renewed two days after the start of the problem for another 18 months..