Menu
Beetle365
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still no e mails......now over 48 hours

I am having problems with receiving e mails since Thursday. Contacted virgin media and was told it would be fixed within 24-48 hours. Still not fixed, called them this morning, ( pointed out to them I was not techy and dyslexic) and was told that it was my internet browser that was causing the problem. I asked why it had worked until Thursday, he said he didn’t know, then said my phone, iPad and iMac were faulty (!), and put me through to the faulty equipment department, which apparently can charge you to use their service! To be fair the man I spoke to in this department, said the problem was Virgin end, and it will be fixed within 24-48 hours. Now, I don’t know what to do. Fed up.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no e mails......now over 48 hours

@Beetle365 wrote:

I am having problems with receiving e mails since Thursday.

Contacted virgin media and was told it would be fixed within 24-48 hours. Still not fixed,

called them this morning, ......was told that it was my internet browser that was causing the problem.

I will try to clarify this for you.

There has been an ongoing problem with Virgin Media for a while.  Many Virgin Media customers are seeing this message when they try to log in to their email accounts: 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

That is the problem that should have been fixed in 24 to 48 hours.

However you only mention you are having problems receiving emails. So are you seeing "Mailbox unavailable" or are you seeing a different error message? If you are seeing a different error message then you are experiencing a different problem.

Let us know what error message you are seeing and we will offer some advice.😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Beetle365
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Im receiving the same messages as everybody else, regarding sending and receiving e mails from my ntl address, ( using a gmail account now!).I have also had the forbidden access message. I can’t access my Virginmedia account, despite resetting the password whilst on the phone to Virgin twice. I also tried to reset it with my account number and the latest bill, and it says that my account is unknown......although they have had no problem taking my money for June’s bill from it!..... 3 of the last 4 people I have spoken to at Virgin, have not been that helpful. 

coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Beetle365 wrote:

Im receiving the same messages as everybody else, regarding sending and receiving e mails from my ntl address, ( using a gmail account now!)

Okay, thanks for the swift reply 👍.  The fact that you only mentioned problems receiving email made me think that perhaps you were having a differnet problem to everyone else.

I am just a VM customer like yourself but if you were having a different problem there was a chance I could have helped you.

Unfortunately all you can do is wait for VM to sort the problem out. 

Well done for setting up a Gmail account by the way. That is what I use for my general emails rather than the VM email service. My personal advice would be to move over to Gmail full time.

I hope VM get you sorted soon but unfortunately you are one of many in the same situation. 😕

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Beetle365
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. It’s just so frustrating, not having access to my e mails. I hope VM sort it out soon, as there are a lot of very unhappy customers, especially during lockdown.
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beetle365,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsay,

You are very welcome, just happy to hear you now have access to your emails, I will enjoy the sun so long as it is still shining when I finish work.

Regards

Paul.