cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still experiencing email problems as at 18 July 2023

Calicoo
Joining in

Hello, I've seen posts suggesting that the recent email problems have been resolved. I'm afraid that's not the case as far as I'm concerned.

I use Outlook to access my emails. I have received no emails to my primary email address (ntlworld.com) via Outlook since 11 July. I get the following error message in Outlook:

Task "Synchronising subscribed folders for xxx.xxx@ntlworld.com" reported error (0x800CCC0E) : "Outlook cannot sychronise subscribed folders for xxx.xxx@ntlworld.com. Error: cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP)." 

Any suggestions / help gratefully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Calicoo

We're sorry for the email access issues experienced and recent problems, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you try the following for us please:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Let us know if this helps.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Calicoo

We're sorry for the email access issues experienced and recent problems, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you try the following for us please:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Let us know if this helps.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response.

I can confirm that my email now appears to be working properly after taking the steps in your post. Cheers.

Glad to hear this @Calicoo 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello again, it looks likely that I was premature in reporting that this issue was fixed.

I'm now getting the same error message as in my original post and no incoming emails via Outlook. Is this a known Virgin email issue associated with the ongoing Virgin email problems? Is it worth trying the same fix again even though the problem reoccurred within 24 hours - i.e. the fix does not appear to get to the root cause of the problem?

Any thoughts / help gratefully received.

PS Is there some form of compensation payable in respect of the fact that Virgin does not appear to be offering a reliable email service?

This error will unfortunately relate to this problem also. 

The team are working on the issue, does it let you login in from anywhere else that isn't Outlook such as our website? 

Since this is  free service we won't be offering any compensation sorry. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Calicoo
Joining in

Hi Matt, Many thanks for your reply.

The good news is that the email has started working again, including via Outlook. To answer your question, webmail continued to work even when Outlook did not.

Why is Virgin email so flaky at the moment?

Anyway, thanks for your hope. Let's hope your team get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for the updates, this past month we've had a few email issues which the team are working on fixing as fast as they can.

I am sorry for any trouble caused we know its frustrating. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?