cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still cannot sign in

alovella
Dialled in

it's been overt a week now VM & my wife still cannot sign into her email. this is a joke. someone must knbow whats going on.  The system will no longer allow her Password as this is all she gets.  ( The provided password for the e-mail address [REMOVED]@VirginMedia.com is incorrect )  she cannot even reset it or do anthing. Please sort this, it's been long enough

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

16 REPLIES 16

alovella
Dialled in

Over a week now and still my wife cannot access her  email as all she gets is this message  (The provided password for the e-mail address b_____@virginmedia.com is incorrect ) why is this being ignored and nothing being done. Surely should have been sorted by now. This is a Joke. She has been awaiting important emails from hospital e.g but cannot access at all. Please don't ask me for a screen shot as I sent one before and it was refused so what's the point. We have both decided this is unacceptable & considering moving to BT at end of contract. Her email is still registered so why can she not access it. Surely you VM should know how your system works

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello alovella.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you are still unable to access the email account.

Can I ask if the Services are in your name? If So I can take a look as the recent email outage should have cleared up now.

Gareth_L

Further: tried to re-add my wifes email address at VM's own email page, but it will not eccept that either. say's same about password. who the hell changed the password?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@alovella If you are trying to add it to your VM webmail as an additional account you need to use a generated app password.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management.

Can you access her account directly via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ using her email address and current password?  Make sure that you have logged out of your account before trying this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The services are in my name and yes I can access my email but wife cannot access hers. I use an app using a generated password to access my email through outlook but still cannot access my wifes email. she cannot access it using password she had before, she also tried the app generated password for my email to try to access as well as i'm assuming she needs to use the same.

I used an app generated password to access my account as accounts in my name & i'm assuming you use the same generated password for the wifes  as well? & still cant access. if she has to have a seperate genrated app password. how do I do this without it interfering with my password?

No I cannot access directly which has been my main issue

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@alovella As she cannot access her account directly then there must be an issue with it. I noticed in a previous thread that you said you had deleted your wife's account to try and resolve this issue.  Did you delete it from the Manage other My Virgin Media accounts section within your primary account?  If so this may explain the situation and @Gareth_L will need to investigate this further for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No, not deleted from my virginmedia accounts in primary

I did as you said & signed out of my main account in my name & tried to sign in again my wifes account using her password. it appears to have been accepted but, it's stuck on the page that usualy shows emails but is stuck with the VM logo spinning in a figure of 8 but going no further than this