cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starling bank

m00g
Superfast

I am currently unable to send emails to Starling Bank.

Error Code:

The following addresses failed:

host eu-smtp-inbound-2.mimecast.com [91.220.42.241]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<bereavement@starlingbank.com>:
    550 Administrative prohibition - envelope blocked - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550  [NzVtOx9YPMyKZNXRaHKp8g.uk23]

It is with great importance i am able to send important documents to them in order to administer my late brothers eastate.
I have spoken with them regarding the email issue and they have categorically stated there is NO block on emails sent from blueyonder email addresses. I have also tried an Outlook email address and my wife has tried from her Blueyonder address BUT all have been returned to sender.

Please advise why i am seeing this issue.

15 REPLIES 15

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @m00g,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some trouble sending an email. To clarify, this is happening when sending from an email address we provide along with an address provided by a third party?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

m00g
Superfast

To clarify, ANY email sent from MY Blueyonder account, My wifes Blueyonder account OR MY Outlook account are being returned to sender and NOT getting through to starling bank.

Hi @m00g,

To clarify, the Outlook account you're referring to is an email account provided to you by Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes but that was ONLY used as a test to see if the issue was specific to Blueyonder addresses. I am in no way asking you to answer for Microsoft, but i would really appreciate being able to send via the email YOU provide e.g r*************@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi @m00g,

I understand that, but if you're also unable to send an email to an address using an email account that we have no affiliation with then it suggests that the issue doesn't lie with our email accounts and services.

Can you try sending the email from a different connection? That way we can check if it's connection related as from what you've described it is very unlikely to be an email account/service based fault.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

We have sent from a GMAIL account OVER the home wifi with no issue. I have even tried sending over my data connection from my Blueyonder email service and that too bounced back.

I have asked Starling if there is an IP block but they have stated NO.

Back to you.

Hi @m00g,

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to send the email from another account, but the fact you had the same issue with a third party email account still suggests that the issue is unlikely to be email account/service related.

Have you tried sending an email to any other email account to see if you also have the same issue doing that?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Firstly Zach, I wish to use the Blueyonder address. Secondly I have provided the error code. Thirdly i recently cancelled my broadband account and then, after being made an offer i couldnt refuse, reinstated my broadband offer. My thoughts are quite frankly this issue lays squarely with VM and no one else. This is borne out by the fact your company has today emailed me stating they are STILL collecting my kit today!!

Your internal systems may be the issue as we all know that old email accounts are pruned, usually 90 days after. when an account is closed.

Please investigate MY email issue seeing as you have the error code.

Hi @m00g,

I understand your issue and your concerns, which is why I'm asking for further information as to what issues you're facing.

As such, can you please confirm if you have this same issue when attempting to send an email to another email account/address other than the Sterling Bank one that you have mentioned already?

Let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team