Menu
Skyhawk105
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spanhause blocking one (only one) of my e-mails

Hi,

When I send out e-mail, I get blocked by an outfit called Spamhaus, and a note arrives telling me so. In the note they explain that I am listed in their "PBL" regarding outgoing e-mail and in their "XBL - CBL" listings for incoming e-mail. 

Spamhaus suggest ensuring my SMTP Authentication is turned ON, to sort the PBL listing. I do not know how to do that, as my email is set for imap and I cannot find a way to do it .

They also suggest that I am listed on CBL as my "IP is infected (or NATing for the computer is infected) with an infection that is causing spam". I have installed Adaware anti-virus and so far nothing seems to be picked up to do with spam.

Strange thing is that it does not affect my other virgin e-mail addresses - only one. Also on that e-mail only, I can receive e-mails and it blocks my transmissions, which seems to me a PBL issue. 

At first I thought  this might be a spoof, but having checked on the internet, I am being convinced otherwise.

Has anybody experienced this before and have any helpful suggestions to fix it please? 

I am not greatly up on IT so please do not expect a too IT literate response, but any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spanhause blocking one (only one) of my e-mails

By note do you mean email and if so what is the sender's domain (part after the @ character)?

Can you post the note here after carefully redaction of any personal information, like email addresses, IP Addresses, etc?

Also use the CBL Lookup to confirm the information contained in the note is still valid by entering your public IP Address?

FYI: to obtain your public IP Address go to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Skyhawk105
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spanhause blocking one (only one) of my e-mails

Thank you for drawing my attention to the domain name. There was an error in it, which I think caused misidentification by Bauhaus, and hopefully, using the corrected domain name there will hopefully be no further problems of notifications from Bauhaus.
Thank you.
0 Kudos