Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 164
Flag for a moderator

Spamhaus ip blocked

So Spamhaus say my ip is blocked because my ip address is spamming - I have tried virgin chat, no help there, I have tried virgin help on the phone, it was beyond their capabilities, PAID the virgin Gadget Team who are hopeless

All the virus checks that can be done have found nothing - Ive tried the 2 online scans that virgin link you to and they both show nothing

So I still can not send any emails - Spamhaus do not know what virus I have.

Any Advice please?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 164
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spamhaus ip blocked

Yes.

First of all which Spamhaus list are you on. The only one that would prevent you sending e-mail is SBLCSS. Ignore any PBL Listing (you should be on that because it is a list of dynamic IPs that should not be running mail servers).

If you are on the SBLCSS which VM checks when you try to send to send mail then VM will refuse to send your mail.

Then have a pleasant half-hour or so reading this thread which will help you track down the culprit on your network which has been compromised and is sending spam.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Sending-Problems-IP-Addresses/td-p/4078949

Neither Spamhaus nor VM know what the infection is. Spamhaus do know that low level spam has been regularly detected as coming from your IP which is why your home IP has been listed.

https://www.spamhaus.org/css/
This is a VM issue to the extent that VM are blocking your mail, but you are responsible for keeping your system free of malware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 164
Flag for a moderator

Which one of the categories is it listed under though? PBL/SBL/XBL.

You should only see your IP listed under the PBL which is the list that marks IP addresses which should not be serving as a email server.

IPs in the PBL can email out no problem through email services though, their emails go out through whichever email service is being used.

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 164
Flag for a moderator

pretty sure I said every virus checker has found my pc to be clean - even ran malwarebytes to look for malware - nothing found

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 164
Flag for a moderator

SBL I think

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 164
Flag for a moderator

question - does spamming mean - my pc is sending emails?
or does it mean something totally different - the date this all started was the 21st of Sep - that coincides with the day I switched my kodi box dream x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 164
Flag for a moderator

Yes it means that yur PC is sending spam - on port 25. And it would be helpful if you gave positive answers to my questions about which list rather than just saying I think. And if you had read the main thread I referred you to you would have seen that anti-malware software often doesn't find the source. In the case of that thread it was an infected Amazon Fire stick. 

If we are to help you we need accurate direct answers to our questions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 8 of 164
Flag for a moderator

I was not replying to YOU with I think

I was replying to Shelke question about which list my IP is blocked - The answer to which I was not 100% - hence the I THINK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 164
Flag for a moderator

End of my involvement in this thread.

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 164
Flag for a moderator

Howard I was halfway through reading the threaded link you posted - Sorry if you've got the hump over something I did not comprehend!