Menu
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spam issue

I had 20 of these emails last night to my old Blueyonder account. I have deleted them, ran malware on with no issues reported, any thoughts.

mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com
22/9/2020 18:23
To xxxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* xxxxxxx@ymail.com

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-3-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "xxxxxx", could not be delivered to xxxxx@ymail.com.

Messages from your IP have been determined to be suspicious as a device on your current network may have malware. Please refer to the spamhaus listing below for further infomation;

https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/87.244.249.221

Please be aware that if you are not sending mail from your own broadband connection that the listing may have been caused by a previous user Delivery has been aborted due to the below issue:
SPAM Content Found (VM603)

Messages from your IP have been determined to be suspicious as a device on your current network may have malware. Please refer to the spamhaus listing below for further infomation;

mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com
22/9/2020 18:23
To pafarmer@blueyonder.co.uk
Quick replyReply allForwardDelete
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

d@ymail.com

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-3-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, , could not be delivered to evanhoward@ymail.com.

https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/87.244.249.221

Please be aware that if you are not sending mail from your own broadband connection that the listing may have been caused by a previous user Delivery has been aborted due to the below issue:

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spam issue

Sender's IP Address suggests a miscreant has used your authentication details to try and send spam via Virgin Media's SMTP server. Consider following the advice given here Compromised Email Account advice to resolve the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, have taken those steps

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipF,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you have been getting a lot of spam recently, since trying the steps advised above have you now managed to resolve this?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos