Menu
davidbohl
Joining in
Message 1 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Spam from Triblive

I am being plagued by SPAM from the triblive.com domain on my virginmedia.com account, I've tried filters and blacklisting the sender but they are clever and rotate the email name by one character every time or the domain name triiblive, tribblive or tribllive etc

Can this sender be blocked at server level please ?

Many Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DJ_Shadow1966
Super solver
Message 2 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam from Triblive

Hello

As they keep changing the email address it has come from then I am afraid that is not possible as the only blocks that can be placed at email server is by email address.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 62
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

As they keep changing the email address it has come from then I am afraid that is not possible as the only blocks that can be placed at email server is by email address.

AFAICS davidbohl is querying why the server administrator(s) cannot block these on the mail server.

FYI: webmail filter rules can match (and thus block) against more than just an email address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 62
Flag for a moderator

@davidbohl wrote:

I am being plagued by SPAM from the triblive.com domain on my virginmedia.com account, I've tried filters and blacklisting the sender but they are clever and rotate the email name by one character every time or the domain name triiblive, tribblive or tribllive etc

Whilst you wait for Virgin Media block these emails…

You should be able to match the triblive and its one additional character variant with a regular expression filter rule similar to the following:
2019-10-08.jpeg

where the RegEx (regular expression) field value is:

triblive|.triblive|t.riblive|tr.iblive|tri.blive|trib.live|tribl.ive|tribli.ve|tribliv.e|tribliv.e|triblive.

If you want to match variants of triblive then try:

.riblive|t.iblive|tr.blive|tri.live|trib.ive|tribl.ve|tribli.e|tribliv.

Be aware that on the first of each month any messages that are over 30 days old are automatically deleted from the Spam folder, read more here How do I manage my email spam settings?

FYI: The Set colour flag action provides a visual indication, in webmail, that this rule was applied to the message.

Highlighted
havantaclew
Tuning in
Message 5 of 62
Flag for a moderator

I am also being spammed by these people but the difference is the domain name @triblive.com never changes. What precedes it always changes, and is always just random letters, so is never repeated.  I've tried to filter out all email with @triblive.com in the name but so far this hasn't worked for me, any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lynny44
Just joined
Message 6 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lynny44
Just joined
Message 7 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem, will try the above and see how I get on. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 62
Flag for a moderator

If it comes to your inbox, you should mark it as spam using the button and the VM filter will learn it (eventually).  If it is going automatically to your spam folder, then VM filter has already learned.  I do this in webmail, but I have heard that it also works when using an email client (no source ATM).

I also take the step of reporting to spam cop, so that it is reported directly to the source that has been abused and they do seem to take action (eventually).  Spamcop.net was slightly fiddly to join, but the after that, reporting is easy and it feels like a positive step to take.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
robin13867
Tuning in
Message 9 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly the same issue. Regardless of blocking 'contains' headlines@, Headlines@trib, @trib, trib and countless others, also trying to block the 'body' contains 304 S. Jones Blvd #1878 Las Vegas, Nevada 89107 (for instance), they're still getting through - between 5 and 20 per day.

Norton is picking this up as spam and putting it in the junk folder, so why can't Virgin pick it up at server level?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 62
Flag for a moderator

If these misidentified spam email are arriving in your Inbox then view the email's source and post just the From: header line here with a screenshot of the filter rule(s) expected to match it

0 Kudos