Menu
Sunnyboy1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spam emails

Getting daily emails from same address in jds Ltd Cyprus, each day posing as a different company promotion but the format is identical. I am marking as blacklist and spam but they keep coming.

I am not at all technical so please don't reply with anything a 7 year old wouldn't understand. Is my account in danger?

Screenshot_20200717-120901_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spam emails

@Sunnyboy1 wrote:

I am not at all technical so please don't reply with anything a 7 year old wouldn't understand. Is my account in danger?

As long as you do not click any any links, including the unsubscribe link, in the emails spam is an annoyance but not a danger.

It does not mean that your email account has been hacked or that the spammers have any idea of who you are.

Unfortunately, blacklists are a very poor method of stopping spam. The spammers change the address they send from on a frequent basis simply to avoid being caught by blacklists.

In any event, the VM blacklist simply sends any emails from that address to your spam folder so they will still get into you email account. 😮.

Some people spend time creating filters and rules in their webmail account to catch spam emails but you don't sound like the sort of person who would want to do that. In any event it is a thankless task because as I intimated earlier spammers are constantly changing their email simply to avoid being picked upp by any filtering process.

If those emails are going to your spam folder, they should be deleted automatically after 30 days so don't stress over them.😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
ackilincs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam emails

Usual white wash answer. VM could stop them but don't I still get all blacklist e mails in my inbox. VM don't bother about it because they don't have tpo be bombarded by them all day long. I have received at least 10 blacklisted e mails today it makes no difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!