Menu
barrydawes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spam emails

Does anyone know if I'm entitled to compensation for my details given out by virgin. Thanks Barry.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam emails

Highly unlikely.  You would need concrete evidence that Virgin Media have given out your details for starters.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
barrydawes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sent me an email telling me that my details had been given out unintentionally so as the spam e-mails have increased quite a lot since i was informed of my details given out so surely I'm entitled to compensation. Thanks Barry.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I suspect you are referring to this:

Virgin-Media-s-data-incident-Help-and-Advice/ba-p/4166258 

To date no evidence has been produced to show that the data was accessed by anyone other than the whistle blower.

Any apparent increase in spam is likely to be entirely coincidental to the so called data incident.

I received the warning email yet continue to receive almost no spam emails to my VM accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks