Menu
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Spam but not Spam

I do not see many if any settings I can tweak in the current mail client VM use with the web-mail unlike past software.

Recently I am getting many marked as Spam so never getting them at my end unless I log into VM web-mail and check for them, this is now including Amazon and even Virgins own/partners mail about a survey after I did upgrade so I know it is legit.

There is nothing I can do at my end in Outlook (Office 365) that I have not already done as the Spam is caught at VM's end.

I could go in and make rules but never had to before.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam but not Spam

Provided you have your Outlook client set to use the IMAP incoming settings you should be able to monitor the VM spam folder from Outlook without needing to refer to VM webmail. Moving emails from spam to inbox or visa versa within an IMAP client replicates the effects of doing the same in the webmail interface.

If you want to use your own client spam filters then you can turn off VM Mail spam settings from the settings options within the VM webmail interface.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I use POP3 so I can keep a copy on the server, may have to change sometime as I read it will deal with the Spam better (I was getting loads per day esp in Lockdown) but prefer that way TBH over my GMAIL IMAP.

You would think me telling it something is not Spam, esp VM/Partners mail would be suffice.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I use both POP3 and IMAP in Outlook for my main VM address.  That way I can deal with the rare spam email via the IMAP connection, whilst maintaining an offline copy of my email through the POP3 connection.

I know this method is frowned upon by some, but it works for me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Never knew you could have both for one address.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Now PayPal is getting blocked as Spam (Steam Store purchase so legit).

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to resolve this false positive; be aware it can take them a few hour / days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

0 Kudos