cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam & blacklist

wingates
On our wavelength

I am being bombarded by spam where the start oh their email address changes slightly every time so blacklisting each email is pointless. All come from `noreplyxxxxx@moma.org`  where the xs are different numbers all the time.Any help please?

63 REPLIES 63

@boothy99

Thanks for the info :

Yesterday I applied some filters posted by 用心棒 from the thread you have linked  -- No SPAM emails have arrived at my inbox since !! 🙂

I am now going to dig them out of my VM SPAM folder and follow your method..

Sacers
On our wavelength

Following 'boothy99''s advice I forwarded a number of the recent spams to phishing.gov. Thought nothing more of it until half an hour later when none of our devices could access email - our email account/password was not recognised.

Phoned Virgin Media's not very customer friendly customer services and explained the lack of email - we were advised to reset our password. There was no explanation as to why we had been locked out - indeed the adviser didn't acknowledge we had been!

The reset worked. Then some hours later we got an email from Virgin Media saying "You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected." It appears to me that the only 'suspicious activity' was our having the temerity to forward a small selection of the rubbish for action by phishing.gov, which had arrived in the first place courtesy Virgin Media.

Is it fair to suggest that the Virgin Media 'system' is more concerned about our activity than the increasing activity of the rat-bags out there?

@sacers -- Bizarre or what !!

Hi Sacers,

Sorry to hear your email got blocked !! I certainly hope it was an odd coincidence that you'd forwarded scum-spam on to appropriate official sources, when this happened 😳 Sending as attachments should avoid any spam detection from Virgin ... but I couldn't 100% confirm.

Before the scum came to a virtual stand still at my end, I'd probably sent 100's using the .eml method to phishing.gov.uk whilst the crud was flowing at it's highest (up to 20 a day). I've not been blocked, nor received any warning emails / communications from Virgin for allegedly sending out spam.

Anyhooo, fingers crossed you're chains have been removed and you're free to report all your scum-spam to report@phishing.gov.uk - as you should be.