Menu
MarkS3
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Spam - VM603

I keep getting the following error message when I send emails containing the word Kisharon (the name of a charity):

The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) xW8mlG4eCkn1KxW8mlmhcn

I only get the message when sending from Apple Mail, not when sending from a browser. The problem has persisted for several days now.

Thanks,

Mark.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam - VM603

@MarkS3 wrote:

The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) xW8mlG4eCkn1KxW8mlmhcn

That seems to be becoming quite a common issue. Strangely the Virgin Media outgoing spam filters appear to be much stricter that the filters on incoming emails.

Only the VM email security team will know the reason why those emails have been blocked.

Personally, I think it is unlikely that your emails are being blocked as spam simply because the word   "Kisharon" appears in the email.

I note that you say that  you can send from "a browser" by which I assume you mean the VM Webmail service, whereas the same emails get blocked when you send from Apple Mail. When you send from your iOS device is that via your VM wifi or using mobile data?

Most spam filters work on variations of a points system with the decision on the legitimacy or otherwise of an email being based on a number of factors. Possibly an email sent from your VM Webmail account via your VM network might be be considered less "risky" than the same email sent from a third party email app via a mobile network. (An email sent  via a customer's VM network is most likely being sent by the customer, whereas one sent from a mobile network could have been sent by a hacker who has gained access to your email address and password and is using them to send spam remotely. I am not saying that is what is happening  just that is a possible explanation.)

You may well find that this block will disappear in a day or so but the Forum Team (VM employees) can get this looked at by the VM security team. They will pick up on your post in the next few days and contact you via this thread.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The URL to the charity website is the issue not the text Kisharon.The issue has been flagged to the forum team however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

NB: issue occurs across multiple email client, i.e. webmail, Apple Mail, etc

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MarkS3,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening. I will send you a PM now so we can get this raised. 

Speak soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MarkS3
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the browser is the Virgin webmail

Both emails (webmal and Apple Mail) are sent using wifi.

I have now been contacted by the Forum team.

Incidentally, any email mentioning Kisharon gets blocked, whereas others don't. It appears to be the only link between blocked emails.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@MarkS3, issue no longer occurs. Is your experience the same?

0 Kudos
MarkS3
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You're right. It is now working.

Thanks to you and Coenoby for all your help.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey @用心棒 and @MarkS3,

Thanks for confirming this is resolved, glad to hear.

Regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos