Menu
iandav
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spam Filter

My mum is difficulty with spam on her blueyonder email.

I have set up some filter rules which I saw on the board using REGEX and the FROM the following list.

@aspenfresh.com|@audise.com|@ulatmeroo.com|@dghsix.com|@treineinsite.com.br|@ykiinterrupt.com|@nujpromise.com|@zpelove.com|@laptop-software.com|trib.com| |@orbschool.com|@tsongbrio.co.uk|@fromild.com|@qz301.com|@oferting.net|@shopping-world.it|info@news.shopping-world.it|@mrtlab.com|@cognix-systems.net|@empsexpress.com|@nismethod.com

This is catching spam from these addresses but any email she is receiving from her friends (bog standard messages and email addresses)  is going into spam.

She does not have an address book set up and I realise doing this will help with her contacts, but I don't want legitimate emails going straight to the spam folder 

Is there a reason for this happening?

Comments welcome

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Filter

The cause is the | | pattern highlighted below in red which is true if the From field value contains a space character. To correct the issue remove the highlight text.

@aspenfresh.com|@audise.com|@ulatmeroo.com|@dghsix.com|@treineinsite.com.br|@ykiinterrupt.com|@nujpromise.com|@zpelove.com|@laptop-software.com|trib.com| |@orbschool.com|@tsongbrio.co.uk|@fromild.com|@qz301.com|@oferting.net|@shopping-world.it|info@news.shopping-world.it|@mrtlab.com|@cognix-systems.net|@empsexpress.com|@nismethod.com

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
iandav
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic, thanks!
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oops, correction, remove highlighted text and replace with single |

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒  I have been meaning to ask this for a while.  Can you tell us how that character can be returned on a standard query keyboard and on the Google keypad used on most android devices?

This is posted from an Android mobile so my best guess is this character | well hidden on the gboard keyboard by clicking on numbers then mathematical symbols?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Standard keyboard ⇨ press  Shift + \  or  Alt Gr + Shift + ` to type the | character

Android ⇨ select key marked ?123 and then ~[< where | is third character from left on top row