Menu
Brownevc817
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spam Emails

Hi Please can anyone help - my old virginmedia email account  has been hacked and is sending SPAM to all my contacts.  I want to close this email account down. Also I am getting swamped with abusive SPAM. I only have access to this account on my phone and have no idea what the password is. Please help, I am no longer a customer of Virginmedia as there’s no connection where I live now and I don’t know how best to contact VM. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Emails

@Brownevc817 wrote:

Hi Please can anyone help - my old virginmedia email account  has been hacked and is sending SPAM to all my contacts.  I want to close this email account down. Also I am getting swamped with abusive SPAM. I only have access to this account on my phone and have no idea what the password is. Please help, I am no longer a customer of Virginmedia as there’s no connection where I live now and I don’t know how best to contact VM. Thank you.

You may be a victim of email spoofing, where the spammers pretend to be sending from your old address without actually having access to it.  Or your old account has not been properly deleted from the VM backend systems after you ceased to be a customer, which given that you can still access the account on your phone looks to be the most likely situation.

Now the VM forum team should be able to help you with this and get the old email account deleted fully from their systems.  This will require them to obtain details from you via a Private message exchange (look out for the purple envelope top right of this page) and to refer the details on to their backroom IT department.  It may be a day or so before they pick this up.  Just hang on here an await a post from the Forum staff.

Brownevc817
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Emails

Hi Graham_A,

Thank you so much for your help, that’s great news. I’ll keep a look out for the purple envelope. 

0 Kudos