Menu
Saminthecity79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spam Emails

Since the beginning of last week I have been receiving 100s of spam phishing emails to my inbox. I have all the spam filters on and have been blacklisting senders but they are still getting through.

I've searched on Twitter and seen a lot of other customers are experiencing this. This is a new issue and I've had my email account for nearly 20 years. I am a current VM customer. It's an ntlworld.com email address.

Seems it may only be affecting older addresses like .ntlworld.com, .blueyonder.com, .virgin.net, etc but I could be wrong. I suspect this is a glitch at VMs end but I can't seem to get any answers from CS. Can someone please look into this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DaveW96
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Emails

Look up "My spam solution". It is working fine as others confirm.

0 Kudos
Saminthecity79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion and unfortunately it hasn't worked. I  received another phishing email straight to my inbox just now.  I've flagged this with Virgin Media on Twitter and here and have been told someone would respond on this thread 3 days ago. Current count is 96 of these emails straight to my inbox in a week. Juts not good enough. I'm about ready to leave.

0 Kudos
Saminthecity79
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to make sure is this correct?

20210212_203217.jpg

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Saminthecity79,

Thanks for your post on the forums.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with Spam emails coming through to you at the moment and for the late reply.

Have you been able to get this resolved since you posted as its been over a week since you posted, I wanted to check if you had resolved this before looking into it further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Saminthecity79
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm very disappointed it has taken this long for someone to reply. It is unacceptable. I was told by your Twitter team 3 weeks ago that someone would be commenting here that day. Needless to say that never happened. They have also ignored all my tweets and direct messages since.

As for the spam emails, this is a problem that is affecting THOUSANDS of customers and we are all being ignored. There has clearly been some sort of data breach and this needs to be addressed publicly. There are countless threads on here about it and hundreds of tweets on twitter. We have just had a price rise and the fact that we are being ignored is making your customers very angry. We want to know what has happened and if our data has been compromised. Surely that's not too much to ask?!

The emails are no longer going straight to my inbox but that is only down to the fact that one of your CUSTOMERS has kindly shared a very specific filter rule that seems to be working. It isn't working for everyone and quite frankly we shouldn't have to fix this ourselves. There are elderly and less tech savvy people who are still getting countless emails a day straight to their inbox. Some of these phishing emails are very convincing and quite frankly it's dangerous.

In all honesty I'm not expecting a reply to this. And if I do it will probably be a scripted response. This is not a one-off, individual problem so please do not treat it as such. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @Saminthecity79.

This is a community forum and not a way of getting live support for issues as we can take longer to respond to messages from here, the Twitter team should have advised this can take time to get a response not that it would be on the same day, I apologise that you weren't told that. 

I can confirm that no account information has been compromised

Would you be willing to send some information in to us from the emails that you have received such as the address and the header of the email?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Saminthecity79
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Every single email has a slightly different address and sender. That's how they keep getting through and not being stopped by the spam filter or by blacklisting sender.

I have around 200 of these emails saved in a special folder in case someone ever bothered to get back to me. Do you have an email address I can forward them to?

I posted this problem here on the forum and on twitter because I could not get any help anywhere else. I could not get through on the phone. I assure you they told me on Twitter you would be posting here that day so you need to speak to them.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Saminthecity79,

Thank you for coming back to us in our community,  you can find out more information and how to report it here.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos