Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spam Emails that VM cant fix ....

Ok brief details as its been going on a while !

8 years ago I moved suppliers from Virgin - I set up an email forward from my VM account to my new providers email fully expecting my VM email to be deleted after a period of time.

18 months ago I started getting "bounce backs" forwarded from my old VM account, it became apparent that the account had been hacked and was sending out a lot of spam emails / malware - all the bounce backs from various servers were forwarded to me at my new provider.

I tried logging in to VM but its reports an error, I have spoken to customer services 5 times, each time they have said they will delete the account but the emails continue !

Today they have said they cant delete the account ??   and suggested I post on here to get the situation fixed ???

Any thoughts ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spam Emails that VM cant fix ....

As you rightly state on ceasing to be a VM broadband customer any associated email addresses should have been closed 90 days after leaving.

Sadly, the VM systems seem to fail in this regard all too frequently, if posts here are anything to go by.

The VM Forum Team should be able to deal with this for you when they reach this thread, probably in the morning.  

• They will contact you via Private Message to obtain details and refer the account to their IT colleagues to arrange full deletion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pondskater292

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of this. I'll PM you now to help further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Pondskater292 please check for the private message from John_GS who is a member of VM staff.  If you are not familiar with the forum scroll to the top of the screen and look for the purple envelope icon.  Click on that to link to the private message area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for chatting with me on PM @Pondskater292,

Just to update the thread, I've raised this now for deletion with IT. Reference number is P010267862. The mailbox will be deleted within 5 days

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the message @Pondskater292,

Just to update the thread, I've raised this now for deletion with IT. Reference number is P010267862. The mailbox will be deleted within 5 days

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos