Menu
pentode
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spam Emails ending .eu

I'm getting a lot of spam recently from .eu, when viewing the 'source' they contain Russian ip's. Anyone else getting these?

I've blacklisted them and put them in the spam folder.... but they still keep coming. but not to my Thunderbird app I normally use thank God, they always seem to land on VM's Email app.

Is there anyway I can block .eu on Virgins Email app without having to do it manually?

And I'm still having to go through capcha's when accessing my app, been like this for over a week now.  HOW can I stop this?

Thanks Dave

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Emails ending .eu

Hello. Yes, there is a thread running on this topic called 'Phishing' with my latest reply on Saturday. The solution suggested by a contributor is a Regex, a filter entered into your webmail. So far, it has not worked satisfactorily for Malcolm and, as yet, it is untested for me because, mysteriously, the .eu spam stopped as soon as I inserted the filter. The filter is supposed to divert all .eu e-mails to the junk folder. You could give this a try. Find the details on the 'Phishing' thread.

pentode
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Emails ending .eu

Thanks ahrbee, I'll take a look. You'd think the app would have a learning button or set up menu.

Dave

0 Kudos